With 65 years of experience in the seed business, Latham® Hi-Tech Soybeans are proving themselves time and time again by topping plots across southern Minnesota. Below is a summary of some recent plots.
Latham had 5 varieties place in the top 20 of 54 competitive entries on 9 reps of data. No other company even came close to posting this level of entries in the Top 20:
- Latham® L1985R2 - 3rd overall on 3 locations with 9 reps of data
- Latham® E2253R2 - 5th overall on 3 locations with 9 reps of data
- Latham® L2183R2 - 13th overall on 3 locations with 9 reps of data
- Latham® L2086R2 - 14th overall on 3 locations with 9 reps of data
- Latham® L2148R2 - 19th overall on 3 locations with 9 reps of data
Latham has 2 beans in the top 10 out of 48 competitive entries on 12 reps of data; no other company had multiple entries in the top 10.
- Latham® L1985R2 - 3rd overall on 4 locations with 12 reps of data
- Latham® L2086R2 - 7th overall on 4 locations with 12 reps of data
Full season out of 54 competitive entries:
- Latham® E2253R2 - 3rd overall on 4 locations with 12 reps of data
- Latham® L2385R2 - 15th overall on 4 locations with 12 reps of data
The summary of each region represents the Top 30 for all locations with each location having three replicated plots. Just posting in the top 30 on the summary of each region is a great accomplishment. To place has high as Latham did in two regions with multiple soybeans proves the Latham yield advantage of regional product selection. We also believe our production process enhances the quality of our soybean products because less handled beans often results in higher quality beans that produce higher yields.
County plots also show the strength of Latham’s soybean line up:
- In Faribault County, Latham® L2440R2 won a 3-plot replicated test out of 19 entries!
- Brown County, early test 2-plot replication, Latham L2084R2 placed 6th out of 17.
- Brown County, late test 3- plot replication, Latham L2183R2 placed 2nd place out of 15.
- In McLeod County, L2084R2 3rd place out of 9.
- In Renville County, L2084R2 placed 4th out of 16.
Our corn line is equally as strong with several hybrids consistently placing at the top:
- Latham® LH 4098 VT3 PRO is outstanding in its maturity.
- Latham® LH 4455 VT3 PRO topped nearly every plot it was in.
- Latham® LH 4568 VT3 PRO performed very consistently north on state Highway 19.
- Latham® LH 4796 VT3 is dependable, year after year. It brings home the yield on many different soil types.
- Latham® LH 5155 VT3 had another great year. With its versatility, it’s a must-plant hybrid north of state Highway 30. Supplies are limited, so order quickly!
- Latham® LH 5215 VT2 PRO is yet another hybrid that was near the top of every plot. New for 2013 is the Genuity® SmartStax® version of this hybrid, LH 5219 SS RIB (refuge in the bag).
We also had great performance in several Minnesota county corn plots:
- In Renville County, LH 4796 VT3 took first place out of 26 entries in a 2-plot replicated test.
- In Brown County, LH 5215 VT2 PRO earned 4th place out of 17 in a 3-plot replicated test.
- In Le Sueur/ Scott County, LH 5378 VT3 PRO placed 7th out of 25.
A combination of third party yield trials, county plots, company plots and customer testimonials says it all – plant Latham Hi-Tech Seeds.