The Mobile Technology Unit (MTU) is a unique traveling exhibit that showcases advances in plant breeding, biotechnology and the new Genuity® family of trait innovations for corn, soybeans, cotton and specialty crops. You’ll be guided through a 30-minute tour that includes a high-definition theater and interactive stations featuring Genuity® VT Triple PROTM, Genuity® SmartStax, Genuity® Roundup Ready 2 Yield® Soybeans, drought technology, weed management and many more topics of interest and importance to farmers.
Also, here’s a cool video on how the MTU was made.
In addition to the MTU, there will be new equipment technology showcased by Phelp’s Implement. Sukup Manufacturing will be on site to demonstration their grain handling systems. There also will be seed technology showcased in Latham’s research plots.
Featured speakers include:
- 9:15 A.M. ISU Extension Corn Specialist, Roger Elmore – “Making 300-Bushel Corn”
- 10:15 A.M. University of Minnesota Extension Agronomist, Seth Naeve – “Making 80-Bushel Soybeans”
- 11:15 A.M. ISU Extension Specialist Daren Mueller – “How to Stop the Nematodes: Corn and Soybeans”
- 1:15 P.M. Keynote Speaker Mark Pearson, host of WHO’s “The Big Show” and Public Television’s “Market to Market”
- 2:00 P.M. Iowa Secretary of Agriculture Bill Northey and Iowa Farm Bureau President Craig Lang 2012 will lead a Farm Bill Discussion
For more information on the day’s events, visit www.lathamseeds.com.