Today I’m sitting through a six-hour session on finance. While I appreciate how important it is for any farm or any business to understand operating performance and getting a return on one’s investments, I have to admit that my mind has wandered more than once to food!
Asset turnover brought to mind apple turnovers. Margins brought to mind margarine, which in turn led to think about how Real® butter makes everything better. Butter made me think about bacon – and we all know that bacon makes everything better! :)
Thoughts of food reminded me that I have yet to share some of the wonderful recipes that were submitted for Latham’s Pin It to Win It Sweepstakes held in conjunction with the Super Bowl. There are so many great comfort foods and crock pot creations that you can bet I’ll be making many of these in the coming weeks for my family.
P.S. Be sure to turn to TheFieldPosition.com tomorrow when our Sweepstakes winner shares two of her family’s favorite recipes with us.
- Barb Determan: Manhattan Meatballs
- Bonnie Frederickson: Three Bean Burger Bake
- Susan Flint: Piggy Tenderloins
- Jamie Thomassen: Ranch-Style Party Dip
- Michelle Sandven: Crock-Pot Potato Soup
- Gail Castillo: Mama’s Special Chicken
- Karla Pals: Crab & Artichoke Dip
- Hona Beyer: Crock-Pot Party Potatoes
- Janet Kunde: Toffee-Style Party Mix
- Janet Kunde: Oreo Truffle Balls
- Kathi Johnson: Loaded French Loaf
- Kathi Johnson: Artichoke Dip
- Kaitlyn Bartling: Shredded Beef French Dip
- Kaitlyn Bartling: Stuffed Meatballs
- Dal Grooms: First Lady Chris Brandstad’s Oven Beef Stew
- Val Wagner: German Knephla Soup with made-from-scratch broth